[EpiData-list] SPSS Export

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jul 3 04:11:26 CDT 2020

The SPSS file format is not open and declared, such that one needs to
run a syntax file to import the data.

This is in contrast to Stata, which documents for all versions how other
suppliers may write a proper Stata file (or import this). Therefore the
new Analysis and Manager can handle Stata formattet files and direct csv
export, but not SPSS files.

I think more recent versions of SPSS can import Stata files directly (I
last used SPSS in 1995).

Best wishes

Jens Lauritsen
EpiData Association, Denmark