[EpiData-list] New versions of Manager, EntryClient and Analysis

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jun 23 11:57:30 CDT 2021

Dear all

 From today you will find on the website at
http://www.epidata.dk/download.php

The new public release versions are:
EpiData Manager and EntryClient version 4.6.0.6
EpiData Analysis version 3.2.0.0

The main new aspect is that Analysis now has a dialogue as an assisting
tool for creating analysis commands with most options for frequencies,
tables, describe and ctable. Find this in the menu point "Analysis".

In addition the whole principle of development is in re-design, such
that future updates should be easier to manage within the project.

You should notice that the current release versions will be the final
ones for 32 bit systems (older computers). The reason is that the
maintenance of all possible aspects for as well 32 and 64 bit versions
for as well Windows, Linux and Mac OS has become too cumbersome. The 32
bit versions (4.6.0.6 or 3.2.0.0) will remain downloadable from the
page: http://www.epidata.dk/download32.php

In short time the main download page will be adapted to contain only 64
bit versions and links to Classic EpiData and the 32 bit versions. The
adaptation will also complete updating of other aspects, e.g. content of
"latest changes" files.

Thanks to the implementation and development of principles by Torsten
Christiansen and Jamie Hockin (struggling with Mac aspects), plus
guidance from Hans Rieder and coordination/managing efforts by myself
the project continues.

Without the continued comments and downloads that we can see from all
users we would not be motivated to continue, so thanks for that.

The current aim is to include all functions available in classic
EpiData.(whether to include "before/after blocks" will be decided later).

After our summer period here (july-august) development will continue
with graphs in analysis and other aspects.

best wishes

Jens Lauritsen
Initiator and Coordinator of EpiData Software
Denmark