Investors Group Field Game Day Friday, July 19th
On Friday, July 19 thousands of football fans will once again converge on Investors Group Field to watch the Winnipeg Blue Bombers take on the Toronto Argonauts. Kick-off is at 7 p.m., which means that access to the Fort Garry campus, as well as on-campus parking restrictions, begin at 5:30 p.m. The Winnipeg Football Club and City of Winnipeg will likely begin traffic set-up between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Please watch for signage indicating traffic flow changes as you exit campus.
Those students, staff and faculty members with valid U of M parking permits who wish to access campus by vehicle between 5:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. must enter via Kings Drive. This dedicated entrance is to be used only by U of M permit holders, providing a shorter, easier route of entry. After 5:30 p.m., those permit holders wanting to access U of M lots via University Crescent or Chancellor Matheson will be rerouted to the Kings Drive entrance.
If you are unsure where the Kings Drive entrance is located, or how to access it, please follow this link to view a detailed map: http://goo.gl/maps/rh4qI
Permit parkers can use any of the following lots, regardless of the letter which appears on their pass:
- A Lot
- B Lot
- L Lot
- AC Lot (southeast corner of Freedman Crescent)
- CTC Lot at the Crop Technology Centre
- D Lot (June-August only)
- R Lot (June-August only) Access to campus is not restricted for those travelling by foot, bike or bus, only those travelling by car.
The university has thousands of bike parking spots, which can be found here: http://umanitoba.ca/campus/parking/media/Bike_Rack_Locations.pdf In addition, all regularly-scheduled Winnipeg Transit buses will be running, although there may be some delays due to increased road traffic.
For more information about access to campus and parking on event days, please visit http://investorsgroupfield.ca/
Up-to-date info and regular reminders on event day activities can also be found on Twitter by following @UMoutstanding. The U of M map has added a handy stadium layer, as well, which outlines U of M-only parking on event days: http://umanitoba.ca/maps/
Remaining Summer 2013 Event Days:
- Friday, July 26 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers game - Event starts at 7 p.m., access and parking restrictions begin at 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 12 - Sir Paul McCartney concert - Event starts at 8 p.m., access and parking restrictions begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 16 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers game - Event starts at 7 p.m., access and parking restrictions begin at 5:30 p.m. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we navigate this opening season at Investors Group Field.
I encourage all of you to take in an event at the new stadium. Having superior spaces like Investors Group Field serve the students, staff and faculty of our university, making for a more dynamic, innovative and community-focused campus.
Sincerely, Andrew Konowalchuk Associate Vice-President (Administration)
---- Tannis Campbell Manager, Office of the Associate Vice-President (Admin.) University of Manitoba 202 Administration Building Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 Phone: (204) 474-7822 Fax: (204) 261-1318