[bw_horizontal] Registrar's Office
July 11, 2013
Are you ready for your 2013-2014 registration at the University of Manitoba? Read below to find out what's new this year and to get important information about registration and tuition fee payment.
What's New for 2013-2014
· Tuition Fees have increased for all students. Refer to the Registrar's Office fee websitehttp://umanitoba.ca/student/records/fees/index.html to determine the costs associated with your planned course of study. Please check fee information applicable to your program.
· Effective September 1, 2013, the U of M will only use your university email account for official communications. Be prepared and activate your new myumanitoba email account at umanitoba.ca/studentemailhttp://umanitoba.ca/ist/email/studentemailindex.html. You will be able to activate your new email the day after you register for courses. Note: If you have not reset your existing email password within the past 6 months, you will be required to do so upon activating your new email account.
· Effective September 1, 2013, is a series of changes to the U of M Final Examinations and Final Grades Policy and related procedures. More detailed information will soon be available. Complete Policy and Procedure documents can be found herehttp://umanitoba.ca/admin/governance/governing_documents/academic/1299.html. Registration Access Time and Status
· Your initial registration access time can now be viewed in Aurora Studenthttps://aurora.umanitoba.ca/banprod/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin. Not sure where to look? Follow thesehttp://umanitoba.ca/student/records/registration/steps/651.html instructions!
IMPORTANT NOTE: A correction to registration access times was made on July 10, 2013. If you viewed your registration access time on or before July 10, please review it to ensure that it has not changed.
· While on this page you should also check to see if:
o You have any Holds that will prevent registration (including Advisor Holds for students in specific programs);
o Your academic status prevents registration (e.g. academic suspension);
o Your record is inactive due to an absence from the U of M.
· If you have a Hold that prevents registration:
o Click the View Holds link at the bottom of the page to see what type of Hold has been applied.
o The hold is likely due to an outstanding obligation. Find out more about holds herehttp://umanitoba.ca/student/records/registration/steps/652.html.
o If you have recently changed faculties and see that you have a Hold that is applicable to your old faculty - contact a student advisor in your new faculty to clear the Hold prior to registration.
o If you have applied to graduate in October but are beginning a new program in September - contact a student advisor in your new faculty to clear the Hold prior to registration.
· Students in some faculties must declare a major, minor or concentration once a specified number of credits have been earned. Your record may have a registration Hold if this applies to you.
o Students in the following faculties may declare a Major, Minor or Concentration through Aurora Student:
§ Major: Arts (General and Advanced); Management (Asper School of Business)
§ Minor: Arts (General and Advanced); Environment, Earth, and Resources (Riddell Faculty); and Human Ecology
§ Concentrations: Human Ecology
o If you are planning to declare or change your Major, Minor or Concentration, but are not yet required to do so, you must do this prior to registration for the Fall/Winter terms. Registration and Tuition Fees
· Registration for most returning students will commence on Monday July 22, 2013.
· Fee assessments for 2013-2014 registrations will be available at the end of July on Aurora Student. Find out more about making your tuition fee payment herehttp://umanitoba.ca/admin/financial_services/revcap/StudentAccounts.htm.
· Remember - contact a student advisorhttp://umanitoba.ca/student/records/tutorial/academic-advisors.html:
o If you are unsure of your course selection and program requirements.
o If you are planning to repeat a course or take an equivalent course.
o If your program requires advisor approval - check your Hold status in Aurora Student.
· You are financially and academically responsible for all courses in which you are registered after the registration revision period has ended (see below)
o Failure to pay for your courses will not result in de-registration of courses in the current term. Students who do not pay for courses will be placed on Holdhttp://umanitoba.ca/student/records/registration/steps/652.htm and will be de-registered from courses that begin in Winter Term. You will not be de-registered from courses that span Fall and Winter Terms.
o Failure to withdraw through normal procedures will result in a grade being assigned to all courses in which you are registered at the end of term and you will be liable for all associated fees.
· Tuition fee payment deadlines:
o Fall Term: September 4, 2013
o Winter Term: January 7, 2013
· Registration revision period deadlines:
o Fall Term: September 18, 2013
o Winter Term: January 17, 2014
· Registration in Full-Year (Sept - April ) courses:
o If you are using the Add/Drop Classes Registration Worksheet (manual entry or adding courses to the worksheet using Look-up Classes), enter your Full Year courses separately from Fall Term or Winter Term only courses to avoid system related problems.
· Taking courses at Université de Saint-Boniface (USB)
o Search for available USB courses in Aurora Student by selecting Campus: USB (Université de Saint-Boniface).
o You may register for USB courses through your home faculty advisor after you have completed a language competency test at USB.
o USB course fees will not appear on your Aurora Student fee assessment. You will receive a separate invoice from USB and must pay these fees directly to USB.
Registrar's Office University of Manitoba (p) 204.474.9420 www.umanitoba.ca/registrarhttp://www.umanitoba.ca/registrar
Questions - Just askumanitobahttps://umanitoba.intelliresponse.com/current/results.jsp!
Student Affairs...Creating Opportunities for Student Success