The BIZ is looking for a transportation intern - and duties include responsibility many active transportation related tasks and programs. Pass this opportunity on to anyone interested.
*DOWNTOWN TRANSPORTATION INTERN*
Do you have a Summer Job Yet?
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is looking for hardworking young men or women to work full-time for twelve weeks as an intern, working on the implementation of Downtown Parking Strategies, Bus is Better Promotion, Bike Friendly Business Program, cycling initiatives and more.
- Background in city planning, landscape architecture, architecture or comparable field - Competent with Adobe Suites, Microsoft Word, GIS mapping and CAD programs - Excellent knowledge of Downtown Winnipeg - Solid work ethic, dependable, reliable and able to work effectively without supervision
*Position Summary:* Under the direction of the Downtown BIZ Coordinator: Placemaking & Transportation as well as the Transportation Committee, the student intern will assist in the implementation of Downtown Parking Strategies, Bus is Better Promotion, Bike Counts, Spirit Bus Survey, Bikes are Good for Business Research, Bike Friendly Business Program and more. The position will report to the Coordinator: Placemaking & Transportation.
*When: *Twelve weeks starting May 9, 2016 until July 29, 2016
*Work Hours:* Monday to Friday, 8:30 – 4:30, 35 hours per week (and some evenings and weekends as needed)
*Rate:* $14.00 per hour Duties & Responsibilities:
*Downtown Parking Strategies*
- Assist with research, development and implementation of supportive strategies related to downtown parking, which may include (but not limited to): - Off-street parking and alternative transportation solutions for evening workers - Off-street parking and alternative transportation solutions for restaurant and retail patrons - Advocacy, research and survey administration related to an enhanced Free Spirit Bus service
*Bus is Better Promotion*
- Assist with the implementation of the Bus is Better Promotion (June 6 -June 10), in order to raise awareness and encourage ridership of Winnipeg’s transit and rapid transit services.
*Bike Friendly Business Program*
- To meet with downtown retailers to encourage growth for the BFB program in order to create a more welcoming environment for cyclists in the downtown. - To conduct cycling and pedestrian counts at businesses taking part in the BFB program. - To research and create recommendations for the locations of 4 new on-street bike parking pads in the downtown.
- To assist with conducting bike counts throughout the downtown area. - To create a report with recommendations supporting the concept, ‘Bikes are good for business.’ - To assist with the implementation of Open Streets projects as needed. - To assist with the summer Moveable Feast program through mapping and route layout.
- Undertake documentation of downtown’s pedestrian realm, through means such as photography and mapping. - Other duties as may be assigned by the Coordinator: Placemaking & Transportation.
*If this sounds like you, send or drop off your resume to:*
*Melanie Andrushko*Transportation Department Downtown Winnipeg BIZ 426 Portage Avenue 958-4629 Office 958-4630 Fax email@example.com
*Deadline for applications is April 8th, 2016.* - See more at: http://downtownwinnipegbiz.com/biz-job-posting-downtown-transportation-inter...