On Wednesday, May 26, Mayor Sam Katz released OurWinnipeg - the City of Winnipeg's draft 25-year plan, along with four supporting direction strategies. Newspaper advertisements the preceding weekend, as well as an e-mail blast, invited Winnipeggers to continue the conversation. In anticipation of a formal review and approval process that will occur later this year, citizens are encouraged to become more familiar with the documents by visiting SpeakUpWinnipeg.com or by attending one or more information sharing sessions.
The OurWinnipeg package is extensive and citizens are encouraged to take advantage of one of these opportunities to learn about the draft documents and to ask questions of City staff.
Complete event details available at www.SpeakUpWinnipeg.com http://www.speakupwinnipeg.com/ .
A reminder of this week's sessions:
Public Information Sessions: Come out and talk to City representatives about the OurWinnipeg document as well as the four direction strategies: Complete Communities, Sustainable Winnipeg, Sustainable Water and Waste and Sustainable Transportation. We will be on hand to discuss the content and answer any questions you might have. You will have the opportunity to look at the documents, maps and other information.
* Monday, May 31, 5:30-8:30 p.m. - Canad Inns Fort Gary, 1792 Pembina Hwy. * Tuesday, June 1, 5:30-8:30 p.m. - River East Collegiate, 295 Sutton Ave. * Wednesday, June 2, 5:30-8:30 p.m. - Sturgeon Creek Community Centre, 210 Rita St. * Thursday, June 3, 5:30-8:30 p.m. - Franco Manitoban Cultural Centre - 340 Provencher Blvd. (this will be a bilingual session)
Roundtables: Primarily aimed at individuals/organizations who participated in earlier roundtable sessions, these sessions are our way of 'checking back' with previous participants. This is an opportunity to introduce you to the Draft OurWinnipeg Package, look at sections in more detail, and to hear your comments and questions. It is an intense burst of information sharing, and we want to provide you a strong information base to start exploring the documents. If you are unable to make a session, please come out to one of the Public Information Sessions. We are happy to receive your comments and questions. Please RSVP to Becky Raddatz (email@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ). Also, if you need translation or any material in alternative formats we are happy to assist. Note: for morning sessions, doors will open at 8:30, session will begin at 9:00 a.m.
* Tuesday, June 1, 1:30-4:00 p.m. - Millennium Library, Carol Shields Auditorium - Topic: Opportunity & Vitality
* Wednesday, June 2, 8:30-11:00 a.m. - Millennium Library, Buchwald Room - Topic: Sustainability * Wednesday, June 2, 1:30-4:00 p.m. - Millennium Library, Buchwald Room - Topic: Housing/Recreation/Libraries
* Thursday, June 3, 8:30-11:00 a.m. - Millennium Library, Buchwald Room - Topic: Creativity * Thursday, June 3, 1:30-4:00 p.m. - Millennium Library, Buchwald Room - Topic: City Building, including Transportation
* Friday, June 4, 8:30-11:00 a.m. - Millennium Library, Carol Shields Auditorium - Topic: Opportunity & Vitality + Open session (all topics) * Friday, June 4, 1:30-4:00 p.m. - Millennium Library, Carol Shields Auditorium - Topic: Safety & Security + Open session (all topics)
Please visit www.SpeakUpWinnipeg.com http://www.speakupwinnipeg.com/ to review the draft document package. We hope to see you at one or more of the sessions!