The Progress Report deadline is June 1, 2019. Please forward completed progress reports to Martha. She will send them to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and make copies for student files.
Progress report forms: http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/media/Progress_Report_2019.pd... Printed forms will be available at the front desk in the Soil Science General Office.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the advisor, not the student, to ensure that student progress is reviewed.
Ph.D. students are required to meet with their entire Advisory Committee to review progress. The Advisor/Co-Advisor, the members of the Advisory Committee, and the student must all sign the PR form. Signatures on the PR indicate that all parties are aware of the results of the student’s progress.
Master’s Students (Thesis Route): Master’s students in the thesis route are required to meet with their thesis Advisor/Co-Advisor to review progress. They may also meet with their Advisory Committee depending on the stage they are at in their program. Signatures on the PR indicate that all parties are aware of the results of the student’s progress.
At a minimum, the following questions should be taken into consideration at the time of the progress review.
· Is the cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher?
· Has all required coursework been completed?
· Are all grades ‘C+’ or greater?
· Are there any missing or ‘IP’ (in progress) grades?
· Are there any ‘CO’ (continuing) grades that will require tracking?
· Is the student on track time-wise and/or are they running out of time?
· Is the student meeting the program requirements?
· For thesis and practicum students, has the Advisor Student Guidelines form been completed?
· Has GRAD 7500 Academic Integrity Tutorial been completed?
PRs are not required for students who are graduating in May or October 2019, who are currently on an FGS-approved Leave of Absence for both Fall 2018 and Winter 2019 terms. It is important to note that if a student does not graduate as scheduled by October 2019, a PR will need to be completed and they must re-register for September 2019.
Ensure that PR forms are photocopied onto YELLOW paper.