Greetings, WGSCC Committee Members!
Forgive me, but I am unable to attend this afternoon’s meeting owing to a terribly urgent (and unanticipated) matter, which unfortunately draws my attention away from you good folks. Apologies. L
Note, too, that I request we table agenda item no. 2 (Status of Roundtables), which involves my connecting with possible Roundtable speakers, as so recommended by the WGSCC Roundtable Subcommittee. I can better report on these later in the week over our listserv.
As a reminder, the WGSCC Roundtable Subcommittee’s recommendations are as follows:
1. POVERTY AND THE FIGHT FOR A MATERIAL EXISTENCE (THE FIGHT FOR A BETTER LIFE)
• Deena Ladd: Workers’ Action Centre & FF15&F
• John Clarke: Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
• Victor Elkins: Hospital Employees’ Union (BC)
• Sean Smith: Toronto Airport Workers’ Council
2. BUILDING AN INCLUSIVE LABOUR MOVEMENT (SOLIDARITY ACROSS BOUNDARIES)
• Fred Hahn: CUPE Ontario
• Chris Ramsaroop: Justice for Migrant Workers
• Pam Palmater: Indigenous Rights Advocate/Author/Academic (Ryerson University)
• Bilan Arte: Canadian Labour Congress
• Jerry Woods: Past chair, MB Human Rights Commission; Indigenous labour rights activist
3. MAKING LABOUR A SOCIAL FORCE & POLITICAL LEADER (BUILDING A WORKING-CLASS ALTERNATIVE)
• Suzanne MacNeil: Halifax Labour Council
• Basia Sokal: Winnipeg Labour Council
• Alia Karim: FF15&F
• “Name”?: Iron & Earth (Alberta)
All my best!
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 6:18 PM, Julie Guard Julie.Guard@umanitoba.ca wrote:
Hi: Please add to the agenda a question from the CCPA about collaborating on Billy Bragg.
*From:* firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto: email@example.com] *On Behalf Of *James Naylor *Sent:* Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:02 PM *To:* firstname.lastname@example.org *Subject:* [1919-Conference] WGSCC Meeting this Saturday, March 24.
The next meeting of the Winnipeg General Strike Conference Committee will be this Saturday, March 24, at 1:30 in room 2B23, University of Winnipeg.
· Status of Round Tables
· Report regarding conference papers and sessions (Julie and Jim M.)
· Friday night event
· Brandon Activities
· Finances (SSHRC proposal)
Please let me know if there is anything else to add.
See you on Saturday,
Department of History
270 18th Street
Brandon, MB R7A 6A9
Office: 204 727 9664 <(204)%20727-9664>
Cell: 204 720 2117 <(204)%20720-2117>
1919-Conference mailing list 1919-Conference@lists.umanitoba.ca http://lists.umanitoba.ca/mailman/listinfo/1919-conference