Speed limit changes for safety recommendations
A new city report recommends modifying speeds on seven roads, including Bison Drive and Bishop Grandin Boulevard, to improve safety.
Winnipeg’s infrastructure committee will review the proposed changes at its Wednesday meeting:
● Changing Bison Drive, between a point 100 m west of Barnes Street and a point 300 m west of Pembina Highway, from 80 km/h to 60 km/h;
● Reducing Marion Street from 60 km/h to 50 km/h between Youville Street and a point 100 m east of Archibald Street;
● Adjusting Youville Street between Marion and Goulet streets to 50 km/h from 60 km/h;
● Lowering Plessis Road’s 80 km/h limit to 70 km/h from 100 m south of Camiel Sys Street and the city’s boundary;
● Setting Ethan Boyer Way’s limit to 70 km/h from Brady Road to Waverley Street;
● Changing the Winnipeg stretch of Hallama Drive to 60 km/h;
● Adjusting Bishop Grandin Boulevard between Lagimodiere Boulevard and Boulevard des Hivemants to 80 km/h.