1. From Innovation to Action: The First Report of the Health Care Innovation Working Group: http://www.councilofthefederation.ca/pdfs/Health%20Innovation%20Report-E-WEB... In January 2012, Canada's provincial premiers met to discuss shared healthcare concerns. They established a Working Group to identify innovations in healthcare delivery across Canada. This initial report from the Working Group focuses on:
* Clinical Practice Guidelines
* Team-Based Health Care Delivery Models
* Health Human Resource Management Initiatives
2. Evidence-Informed Healthcare Renewal (EIHR) Portal: http://www.mcmasterhealthforum.org/healthsystemsevidence-en
(One-time, free registration required)
This online portal includes syntheses of research evidence about governance, financial and delivery arrangements within health systems, and about implementation strategies that can support change in health systems.
3. Evidence-Informed Change Management in Canadian Healthcare Organizations: http://www.chsrf.ca/publicationsandresources/researchreports/commissionedres... This project identified a suite of evidence-informed approaches to support change in small and large Canadian health systems and contexts. A concept map was created to identify the key ideas, concepts and issues that leaders and managers may be required to address during a change process.
4. Health Outcomes of Care: An Idea Whose Time Has Come. Canadian Institute for Health Information & Statistics Canada.
Despite ever-increasing investments in health care, we know very little in Canada about what we are getting in return for these investments - namely, gains in health status... While we know more in terms of the processes of care and selected outcomes (e.g. mortality and readmissions), less is known about the health outcomes of care at a population level.
This is the second report in a series focused on health outcomes and looks at options for data development/enhancement to fill the information gaps in health outcomes of care.
Orvie Dingwall, BA, MLIS, AHIP Outreach Services Librarian MHIKNET Library Services Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library University of Manitoba email: email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 204.977.5660 website: http://mhiknet.lib.umanitoba.ca/