I am pleased to announce that we have a new opportunity for students to participate in the virtual Cereals & Grains 20 annual meeting -- the Student Research Video Competition at Cereals & Grains 20! The submission portal is officially open, and more details can be found at this web page<http://www.cerealsgrains.org/membership/StudentAssociation/PDC/Pages/defaul…>.
Student Research Video Competition
This year the Cereals & Grains Association is launching a new virtual competition in celebration of our virtual meeting: The Student Research Video Competition at Cereals & Grains 20!
* This competition is sponsored by the Biomarker for Grains and Pulses Technical Committee and Cereals & Grains Association Corporate Sponsors. It provides a great opportunity for our students to apply their knowledge, skills, and originality to show how their research fits into the greater food system in the form of a video.
* You should create a video that is approximately 3 to 4 minutes in length that summarizes the significance of your research and how it fits in the food system according to these criteria<http://www.cerealsgrains.org/membership/StudentAssociation/PDC/Documents/Vi…>. If possible, also explain how it contributes to the FAO Sustainable Development Goals<https://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/corporate/brochure/SDGs_Bookl…>.
* The award for first place is $1,500 USD! (With additional awards to be announced!)
* Submissions close at the end of the day on September 30, 2020.
More details can be found here: http://www.cerealsgrains.org/membership/StudentAssociation/PDC/Pages/defaul…
Cereal and Grains Student Association Canadian Representative
NSERC CANADA GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS - DOCTORAL (CGS-D) & POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS (PGS-D)<http://bit.ly/2QITJZ5>
Variable; $21,000 to $35,000 per year for 1-3 years * For PhD students
Research Field(s): Natural Sciences and Engineering
THERE ARE TWO DEADLINES APPLICANTS SHOULD NOTE FOR THIS COMPETITION - ONE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS BY THE FACULTY OF GRADUATE STUDIES, AND ANOTHER DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF YOUR COMPLETE APPLICATION ONLINE VIA THE NSERC APPLICATION SYSTEM...
(1) FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH, 2020: This is the deadline for submission of your official, academic transcripts to the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Manitoba. All official transcripts for your application must be received by this date so that we may facilitate the upload to your application in a timely fashion.
(2)FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2ND, 2020 at 11:59 pm: Once the transcripts have been uploaded to your application via the NSERC portal, this is the deadline for submission of your complete, submitted NSERC CGS-D/PGS-D application via the online portal.
Please let me know if you intend to apply.
Hi Soil Science Grads,
Here is a final reminder for the MSSS Soil Tour event. Please make sure to email msss(a)umanitoba.ca<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> with your first arrival time if you plan on attending.
MSSS Drop-In Soil Tour
* Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2020
* Event is free to attend
* Need arrange own transportation to sites, or there is a carpooling/shuttling option available for grad students. Please send me an email at johns293(a)myumantioba.ca<mailto:email@example.com> if you need to carpool/shuttle. I will do my best to help with the arrangements.
* Registration: Please email msss(a)umanitoba.ca<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> with your intended time of arrival at the first site. Upon registration you will receive a confirmation email and directions to the three sites.
Graduate Student (MSc)
Department of Soil Science
University of Manitoba