A quick note about exam invigilation, as a request via VR was referred to me today (it comes up semi-frequently in the health sciences; not sure about other areas/units on campus).
We do not provide exam invigilation services at the NJM. There used to be invigilation services available via the UofM Registrar’s Office (at a cost of $80 per exam), but the information has disappeared, and the UofM doesn’t show up in Invigilator Network listings anymore.
If you receive requests for referral or inquiries in general about invigilation for the NJM, you can certainly refer them to the Client Service Desk and/or tell them that this is not a service that is provided. Several open/online universities maintain invigilator network listings:
Sherri Vokey, M.A., MLIS
Head, Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library
Associate Librarian, University of Manitoba
204-789-3864 | sherri.vokey(a)umanitoba.ca<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Two things that came up for me this morning on VR:
1. Microsoft Edge, the Windows 10 default browser, does not work with Ebsco databases.
* Many other libraries are having the same issue.
* If patrons have trouble with access, suggest Firefox or Chrome.
2. Patrons think they’ve claimed their library resources because when they sign in to search, their UMNetID shows up in the upper right corner.
* When a patron goes through the SignUM process of claiming library resources, it shows their full name (first and last).
* It’s a pain to type the instructions out over and over, so I put them in the LibAnswers Canned Messages Area for us: http://umanitoba.libanswers.com/chat.php?m=c
Katherine J. Penner, B.Mus., M.L.I.S.
Acting Section Head, Eckhardt-Gramatté Music Library, University of Manitoba Libraries
There is a system glitch. Users are unable to book a room for today on the room booking website. Booking at the door should not be affected.
Wei XUAN | Head, Libraries Systems | University of Manitoba Libraries | 204-474-6710