An email was sent to hospital library patrons with 14-digit 22212338…. library cards informing them that these cards will be expired on April 2, 2018. We are receiving a number of questions from these patrons and they could be contacting chat reference for assistance.
Here are the facts:
* These users are now being served through the WRHA Virtual Library and are being transitioned to new user ids.
* New WRHA VL user ids were sent out by email in January.
* Users from personal care homes and community funded agencies have a registration process found here http://libguides.lib.umanitoba.ca/wrha/chapch
* Not all WRHA staff are eligible for a WRHA Virtual Library Account.
* Some WRHA staff also have, or are eligible for UMNetIDs. They are free to use both, and are encouraged to claim their UMNetIDs.
* WRHA staff may borrow items in-person at U of M Libraries. Circulation staff are to override and check out the item to the patron’s VL account found in ALMA
* Do NOT extend 338 cards for WRHA patrons.
WRHA VL staff will be monitoring Chat Reference on the day the notices are sent out and for a few days once access is discontinued.
If you encounter a WRHA users with inquiries or issues logging in, please directly assign a ticket to WRHA Virtual Library staff at wrha.virtualLibrary(a)umanitoba.ca<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
or instruct users to contact the WRHA Virtual Library at: http://libguides.lib.umanitoba.ca/wrha/contact
Acting Associate University Librarian, Contract Services and Administration
University of Manitoba Libraries
156 Elizabeth Dafoe Library
(204) 474-7842 or (204) 290-0337