From: Michèle Phillips [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 2:23 PM
Subject: Fulbright Canada Programs for Canadian Scholars and Students
Dear Dr. Keselman,
I am writing today to encourage you, your colleagues, and your students to apply to the Fulbright Canada<http://www.fulbright.ca> Programs. You will find below a list of all our programs for Canadian Scholars<http://bit.ly/1phm43v> and Students<http://bit.ly/1sVXsCQ> that I would encourage you to share. Your expertise in identifying and encouraging Canadian candidates to apply would be much appreciated. If there are particular candidates that you would like us to follow up with, please send their contact information to Brad Hector (bhector(a)fulbright.ca<mailto:email@example.com>), Program Officer for Scholars. Please, also, feel free to reach out to me directly.
We also encourage you to share the information on your website and social media. Follow us on Twitter @FulbrightCanada<https://twitter.com/FulbrightCanada>
Awards for Canadian Students<http://bit.ly/1sVXsCQ> follows.
Awards for Canadian Scholars<http://bit.ly/1phm43v>
Applicants can apply to the:
> Visiting Research Chairs Program<http://bit.ly/1evvCZP>: US$25,000 for one semester (4 months)
> Traditional (All Disciplines) Award<http://bit.ly/1cQFLPj>: US$12,500 for one semester (4 months), or US$25,000 for a full academic year (9 months)
Visiting Research Chairs in:
Announcing New Visiting Research Chair in Social Sciences at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa : Apply Today<http://bit.ly/1fhJHul>|Read Press Release<http://bit.ly/1RcxlQ6>
Arctic Studies at the University of Washington<http://bit.ly/1Sbxw0c>
Canadian Studies at Kennesaw State University<http://bit.ly/1FYUKyd>
Canadian Studies at Michigan State University<http://bit.ly/1B8xPou>
Canadian Studies at the University of California, Berkeley<http://bit.ly/1JKRTQH>
Canada-U.S. Relations at the Woodrow Wilson Center for Scholars<http://bit.ly/1f7dZQn>
Environmental Humanities at the University of California, Irvine<http://bit.ly/1Aub7Xi>
Military Social Work at the University of Southern California<http://bit.ly/1IzZjD7>
Nanosystems Institute at the University of California, Los Angeles<http://bit.ly/1IOKcZC>
North American Studies at American University<http://bit.ly/1ThlIuQ>
Policy Studies at the University of Texas at Austin<http://bit.ly/1cQGNLf>
Public Diplomacy at the University of Southern California<http://bit.ly/1JKS3r6>
Québec Studies at the State University of New York College at Plattsburgh<http://bit.ly/1MwwCrq>
Science at Illinois Institute of Technology<http://bit.ly/1Gjt3U8>
Peace and War Studies at Norwich University<http://bit.ly/1BbU38T>
Open Field at the University of California, Santa Barbara<http://bit.ly/1cQGYq0>
Open Field at Vanderbilt University <http://bit.ly/1ThlXWR>
Inquiries: Brad Hector, Program Officer (Scholars), bhector(a)fulbright.ca<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Core Facts about the awards
· The Fulbright Canada competition for Canadian scholars is now open, and closes November 15, 2015
· The competition is for awards taken up September 2016 and/or January 2017
· Candidates must be Canadian citizens,
· Hold a Ph.D. or equivalent professional/terminal degree as appropriate. Candidates outside academia (e.g., professionals, artists) with recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments are also eligible
· Be proficient in English
Awards for Canadian Students<http://bit.ly/1sVXsCQ>
Graduate Students can apply to the:
> Traditional Fulbright student awards<http://bit.ly/1e9qDhG>: US$15,000 for one nine-month academic year. These all-discipline awards can be taken up at any college, university, think tank, or government agency in the United States
> Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program:<http://bit.ly/1B8yG8D>Grants allow students to live in the United States for a period of 10 months. The award includes a $400-$600 stipend per month (commensurate with average cost of living in host city, room and board, visa services, health insurance, and a bursary to complete two courses per semester that are most beneficial to the student’s teaching career.
Core Facts about the awards
· Fulbright Canada competition for Canadian graduate students is now open, and closes on
November 15, 2015
· The competition is for awards taken up for one 9-month academic year starting September 2016
· Candidates must be Canadian citizens,
· Be in receipt of a bachelor's degree prior to the proposed start date of the grant, and
Inquiries: Michelle Emond, Program Officer (Students), memond(a)fulbright.ca<mailto:email@example.com>
Fulbright Canada at a glance:
· With approximately 360,000 Fulbright alumni in more than 155 countries, the Fulbright program is the gold standard in academic exchange and a leader in public diplomacy.
· The Foundation for Educational Exchange between Canada and the United States of America (Fulbright Canada) is a binational, treaty-based, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization with a mandate to identify the best and brightest minds in both countries and engage them in residential academic exchange.
· The mandate of Fulbright Canada is to enhance mutual understanding between the people of Canada and the people of the United States of America by providing support to outstanding individuals. These individuals conduct research, lecture, or enroll in formal academic programs in the other country. In doing so, Fulbright Canada aims to grow intellectual capacity, increase productivity, and assist in the shaping of future leaders.
· For more information<http://www.fulbright.ca/>
*Please follow these links if you are an American Scholar<http://bit.ly/1ExHNKO> or Student<http://bit.ly/1BpbIol> interested in Fulbright Canada Awards.
Dr. Michael K. Hawes
Chief Executive Officer / Président-directeur général
2015-350 rue Albert Street Ottawa, Canada K1R1A4
t. 613.688.5509; f. 613.237.2029;
Program Officer, External Relations
Agente de programmes, Relations externes
2015-350 rue Albert Street Ottawa, ON K1R 1A4
t. (613) 688-5517 ; f. (613) 237-2029
FB fulbright.canada<https://www.facebook.com/fulbright.canada> Twitter: @FulbrightCanada<https://twitter.com/FulbrightCanada>
I have put letters of offer in your mailboxes (coffee room) to continue in the teaching assistant positions you held in 2014-2015 for 2015-2016.
Some of you will receive "Expiration of Job Security Period" letters. This means that you no longer have the right to be continued in the position (CUPE Union rules), but you can apply for the positions again.
The Photocopier is not working. Service has been called.
Christy Doyle, Reception
Department of Plant Science
University of Manitoba
Room 222 - 66 Dafoe Road
Winnipeg MB R3T 2N2