Peter B.E. McVetty Plant Breeding Scholarship in the Department of Plant Science
The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize students who have achieved academic excellence in a Master's or Ph.D. program in plant breeding in the Department of Plant Science at the University of Manitoba. One or more scholarships will be offered to graduate students who:
* are enrolled full-time in their second year of a Master's program, or in their second or third year of a Ph.D. program in plant breeding in the Department of Plant Science at the University of Manitoba;
* have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.5 (or equivalent) based on the last 60 credit hours of study;
* have demonstrated achievement in plant breeding research applicable to the Canadian Prairies.
Applications should be submitted to Martha.Blouw(a)umanitoba.ca<mailto:Martha.Blouw@umanitoba.ca> and must include:
* A covering letter describing: a) the status and progress of the applicant's research program and coursework; b) the value of the applicant's research project to cultivar development in the Canadian Prairies;
* An abstract of the applicant's research project;
* A copy (photocopy is acceptable) of the transcript of the applicant's graduate student program academic record;
* A letter of recommendation from one member of academic staff sent directly to Martha.Blouw(a)umanitoba.ca<mailto:Martha.Blouw@umanitoba.ca>.
While the scholarship is open to all graduate students engaged in plant breeding research, preference will be given to graduate students engaged in canola/rapeseed plant breeding research.
DEADLINE: November 26, 2021
VANIER CANADA GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS<http://webapps.cc.umanitoba.ca/gradawards/index.asp?WCI=SearchForm&WCE=brow…>
$50,000 per year for three years * For PhD students
Research Field(s): Health Research (CIHR), Natural Sciences and/or Engineering (NSERC), Social Sciences and Humanities (SSHRC) .
Details: The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program is designed to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by offering them a significant financial award to assist them during their studies at Canadian universities. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and engineering, and health-related fields. Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier Scholarship. Please visit the Vanier CGS website<https://vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html> for official details..
Deadline: September 11, 2022 (some materials are required by September 2, 2022)
Forwarded on behalf of Cathy Bay:
From: Cathy Bay <Cathy.Bay(a)umanitoba.ca>
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2022 5:11 PM
To: Martha Blouw <Martha.Blouw(a)umanitoba.ca>
Subject: Weekend waterer Position Open!
Just wondering if you could send out a message to the Plant Science Graduate Students. Jia Sun is retiring from her weekend waterer position after 7 devoted years and l am looking for a replacement. I have two weekend waterers and they alternate weekends as works best for them. Just involves working 8:30 to 12 noon, Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
Thank you, Cathy Bay
From: mailman-bounces(a)lists.umanitoba.ca <mailman-bounces(a)lists.umanitoba.ca> On Behalf Of plants-grads-owner(a)lists.umanitoba.ca
Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2022 8:00 AM
Subject: Plants-grads post from wilson44(a)myumanitoba.ca requires approval
As list administrator, your authorization is requested for the following mailing list posting:
Subject: Stats Course Survey due June 8 - $25 gift card to win!
Reason: Post to moderated list
At your convenience, visit:
to approve or deny the request.