I have been using Epidata Manager, EntryClient for past one year. I like
it's simple and user friendly features. With my recent use I have few
1. In variable properties>Calculate, please provide option to calculate
using any mathematical operation sign (+, -,÷,×) between atleast four
2. For jump rules, if it should be allowed to set the values of the
questions jumped as per the value of jump. For eg. If there are variables
A, B, C and D. If Code 1 is selected in A then jump to D and put the code 2
in B and C. If Code 2 in a selected in A then jump to C and put the code 1
3. In date variables an option of automatic date and time capture which is
once captured and doesn't not change if the same form opened next time.
This will help if we have multiple sections for data entry in single form
which will be entered at different time intervals.
4. In browse data, it will be helpful if we can select and see any
particular data entry in columns.
Today we have released a minor update to EpiData Manager (v220.127.116.11)
with the following changes:
* If a variable is marked as "no-enter" it is displayed with the default
"in-active" colour of the operating system.
* Fixed a bug where importing CSV files under special circumstances did
* Added a better visual feedback for errors when importing/loading all
The new version is as always available from the download page:
Torsten Bonde Christiansen
I have a quick, and hopefully simply question.
I am trying to revise some of the wording in a single question on the .qes file of a database that has been in use for several years. The labels would NOT change and I don't need any of the coding in the .chk file to change. I understand that I will have to revise the .rec file in order to make this change visible to the users when they go to fill out the data form. However, anytime I try to make the simple wording change in the .qes file, then select "revise data file" in the tools menu, I receive a message saying that ALL the coding in my .chk file will be lost and I would have to re-enter all of it. I don't want to make any changes to the .chk file, only the wording in a single question on my data form!
Is there a way to revise the wording of one of my questions without the need to re-do all the coding in my .chk file?
Any help would be appreciated,
Lesley McLeod, MSc, CIC
Infection Control Coordinator (North)
Street Address: 3472 Elder Grove Regina, SK S4V 2V3
Mamawetan Churchill River Health Region, Keewatin Yatthé Health Region & Athabasca Health Authority
Confidentiality Notice: This email, including attachments, may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by return email, and delete this message. Thank you.
Due to a reported bug in EpiData EntryClient 18.104.22.168 we have uploaded a
new version today.
This version fixes a bug where automatic variables (Date, Time and
Autoincrement) were not correctly updated when creating a new observation.
The new update is available from our download page here:
Torsten Bonde Christiansen
Thanks very much for this great job!
I downloaded the last test version and I noticed several problems
- manager: the section name is never saved (when changed, the name is reset to section1 2,... on reload of the project). It is the same thing in version 2.x
- entry: I experienced a non-reproducible crash during data entry after playing with the "Browse all data" window
- entry : I noticed the problem already encountered about expansion of the first column of the "browse all data"
- manager: there is an overlap of radio buttons in the "Entry Mode" panel of the "Extended" tab of the "field properties" window.
- manager: overlap of radio buttons ine the "Update Mode" panel of the "Basic" panle of the "field properties" window for auto date and auto time fields
- manager: the "field properties" window has been enlarged and I cannot reduce it.
A request for the data entry manager about jumps: would it be possible to reset the value to of fields to a numeric or text value. I'd like to be able to do so in the following case for example:
"Does the patient have a surgical history? YES/NO"
If "yes" there is a serie of yes/no questions about specific surgeries.
If the response of the main question is NO I would like to be able to reset the list of following questions to NO.
It was possible to do it with epidata 3.
For your information, I'm currently using the 64bit version under windows 7 pro.
Jean-marie Chrétien. CHU Angers - DRCI
Message court envoyé depuis un mobile.