The annual Manitoba Marathon is being held Sunday, June 17th, 2012. Again this year, the 2.6 mile Super Run will follow the ring road around campus between 7:00am and 9:00am.
The Super Run route begins in front of the Max Bell Centre, heads north, and turns immediately onto Sifton Rd and follows the Dysart and the ring road to Freedman Crescent, University Crescent, Chancellor Matheson then finishes at the Pan Am stadium.
To accommodate the Super Run as well as the regular half and full marathon routes, you should take note of the following campus access route closures:
* 5:00 am University Crescent closed to vehicle traffic from Pembina Highway to Dafoe Road. The crescent will re-open around 1:00 pm.
* 5:00 am Chancellor Matheson closed to vehicle traffic (except buses). It will re-open at approximately noon.
* 5:00 am vehicle access to the campus at all intersections along Freedman Cr and Dafoe Rd (including King's Drive) will be closed and will re-open at 9:00 am to accommodate the Super Run.
* Volunteer traffic marshals will be stationed at all campus intersections to control traffic before, during and shortly after the Super Run ends.
* Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
* Campus Police, City of Winnipeg Police and Emergency Services will be on site.
* If any of the above listed closures/restricted access will affect anyone in your unit please contact Tannis Campbell at 474-7822 or Tannis.Campbell(a)ad.umanitoba.ca<mailto:Tannis.Campbell@ad.umanitoba.ca>
For more information about the event you can visit www.manitobamarathon.mb.ca<http://www.manitobamarathon.mb.ca>
Executive Assistant to the Associate Vice-President (Admin.)
University of Manitoba
202 Administration Building
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2
Phone: (204) 474-7822
Fax: (204) 261-1318