Peter B.E. McVetty Plant Breeding Scholarship in the Department of Plant Science
The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize students who have achieved academic excellence in a Master's or Ph.D. program in plant breeding in the Department of Plant Science at the University of Manitoba. One or more scholarships will be offered to graduate students who:
* are enrolled full-time in their second year of a Master's program, or in their second or third year of a Ph.D. program in plant breeding in the Department of Plant Science at the University of Manitoba;
* have achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.5;
* have demonstrated achievement in plant breeding research applicable to the Canadian Prairies.
Applications must be submitted to Dr. Fouad Daayf, Head, Department of Plant Science by February 27, 2017 and must include:
* A covering letter describing: a) the status and progress of the applicant's research program and coursework; b) the value of the applicant's research project to cultivar development in the Canadian Prairies;
* An abstract of the applicant's research project;
* A copy (photocopy is acceptable) of the transcript of the applicant's graduate student program academic record;
* A letter of recommendation from one member of academic staff.
While the scholarship is open to all graduate students engaged in plant breeding research, preference will be given to graduate students engaged in canola/rapeseed plant breeding research.
DEADLINE: February 27, 2017